View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 02:00 AM   #94
maximalmobi7
Enthusiast
maximalmobi7 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle paperwhite 2, and android tablet 10.1 with Kindle app
some information to note, about using either azw8 or azw9 if you pick either of these extensions at all when opening files in Kindle Previewer 3 beta Version, 3.5.0 or kfx if your using in on your device only, and you don't need to use the kindle previewer 3 software in windows.

again Version 3.5.0 doesn't support kfx as an extension since it reads that message in all ebook that read that error message above that I wrote about it saying that kfx is Unsupported file extension, I don't no if that going to be fixed in the next version or if amazon is not using that extension if their not they could drop the extension support in the firmware too but I have no idea if they would do that or not. I don't recall if kindle for pc was able to load calibre ebooks before, but I can't get azw8 azw9 or kfx to even read under downloads in Kindle for Pc software, so I have no idea, if you could make an non azw3 or mobi formats read in kindle for pc if your using that at all, not sure about android kindle app since I didn't try to load either azw8 or azw9 formats or kfx in the android app, any idea if the android app supports either of the 3 extension types? well in any case when I copy some over I find out if it does or not. below is the Book information for one azw8 kfx formatted book.

Book Information
Title , Reads title
Author, Reads Author
ASIN , reads the number very long format
Enhanced Typesetting Supported
Contant Language en
Cover Specified
Table of Contents, Not Specified, not sure if its just the one ebook
NCX Specified
Start Reading Not Specified, not sure how to even add this or what it does under Kindle Previewer 3

Last edited by maximalmobi7; 10-01-2016 at 02:08 AM. Reason: addon info to my post
maximalmobi7 is offline   Reply With Quote