Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #543
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd123 View Post
hi , was looking for some help. have been racking my brain with this but years ago i read a book about a young doctor who went to work in a small welsh village cant remember name of book/author however i do remember the character called idres the milk, also that the doctors landlady painted the bath but didnt tell him and he was stuck to the paint.
very vague i know but google has let me down so if you have any clue please let me know.

cheers, mick.
Not a doctor but a clergyman. The author is Fred Secombe (brother of Sir Harry) and the books are semi-fictionalised autobiography.

The book with the painted bath incident is 'How Green was my Curate'.

Amazon.co.uk Fred Secombe books

I didn't realise until I looked on amazon for a link that he'd written so many - I may have to revisit these myself!
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote