View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 01:30 PM   #34
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
FWIW, I do not think the lack of xml header was the cause of the issue or even related. That message in Preview about ill-formed xhtml is nothing but a placeholder for something that can not be parsed by Qt's Webkit widget. I see this placeholder appear and disappear almost constantly as I work in CodeView doing any type of extensive editing. Any missing header would be auto-fixed by gumbo long before it ended up hurting anything.

That said ... nothing a user types in should ever cause Sigil to crash. So I would like to be able to recreate the crash or at least narrow its causes down somewhat. This is on Linux right? Whose build is it? What version is it? What version of Qt is installed on the system? Is there more than one version of Qt installed? What version of Python is installed?
Hi Kevin.

Yes, Linux. Xubuntu 16.04LTS is the distro. I couldn't figure out how to see if there was more than one version of QT installed. Here's the rest.
Code:
gregory@gregory-GA-A55M-DS2:~/Desktop$ qmake --version
QMake version 2.01a
Using Qt version 4.8.7 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
gregory@gregory-GA-A55M-DS2:~/Desktop$ uname -r
4.4.0-78-generic
gregory@gregory-GA-A55M-DS2:~/Desktop$ python -V
Python 2.7.12
gregory@gregory-GA-A55M-DS2:~/Desktop$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Description:	Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS