View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 02:09 PM   #2
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by partlysunny View Post
Hi,

Today while I was updating the firmware on my old Touch (I haven't used it for 5-6 years I am using a kobo clara hd) it just died. It was plugged into my pc and I used the kobo desktop app for the update. The screen is frozen and the device is unresponsive. My pc does not recognize it any more. I pressed the reset button on the back but nothing happened. I removed the sd card, inserted it into my laptop but it cannot be read. Windows says it is corrupted and needs to be formatted.

Before the update I charged the reader and switched it on and it was working.

Is it possible to fix the device by putting a new image on an sd card?

If so, could someone help me with the sd card image?

thanks
this may help. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=211265

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote