View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 05:57 PM   #71
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
Every time I listen to Phillip Glass's music I'm totally absorbed for 10 or 15 minutes and then my mind wanders away. I just can't seem to stay with it.

Music, to me, is something to focus on and absorb and become part of and if it doesn't hold me I lose interest.

The movie Koyaanisqatsi, for which he wrote the music, is a beautiful exception. Thanks for making me think of this. I haven't watched it for a while.

Barry
I really like his Symphony #1 (The Low Symphony) a lot as well. He says that the inspiration was a David Bowie song, but I sure don't hear any similarity between the two.

When I listen to Itaipu, I just close my eyes and float along with the music, like a leaf on the river flowing down to the ocean. I don't like all of Glass's music, but those two are favorites of mine.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote