View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #28
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Do you know when the book charge is made? Is it at sale time or when the book is downloaded. If if is the latter, it would partly explain why Kobo have kept up their own format. People using Kobo devices or apps can download directly from the store. And they might never download the epub2 version. Which would mean no fee to Adobe. And that might be worth it to Kobo.
AFAIK it's accrued when the server issues the ACSM "ticket" for the first time, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm sure it is why, or at least a major reason why, Kobo maintains their own format. I think Google has their own format (ePub based, but not "Adobe ePub") for their apps as well as they would avoid the DRM fee in the same way Kobo would.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote