View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 06:09 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
So The Iron Tower is finally released as an eBook. This is one of those books that I thought would have been released ages ago. I had given up on it coming out as an ebook. This is the omnibus version, i.e. it has all three books from the trilogy. Perhaps the Silver Call will be next.

I first read this years ago back in the mid 80's. Certainly, it was inspired by, a take off, whatever you want to say, of Tolkien's LOTR. I never really understood why some people trashed McKiernan and Brooks because of that. It's not like other archetype books, such as super spy Bond of Ian Fleming, or Dashiell Hammett's world weary private detective, or Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, or many, many others weren't copied or used as a model.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote