View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #91
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I don't know, Sony has hung in with a similar model and a higher price point for a while there. Sony was, heck still might be, the prefered ereader outside the US. Sony has never had a good supply of books, the customer service has always been suspect, and the hardware is limited.

Sony was screwed in the US when the Kindle entered the scene but seems to be doing ok outside the US.
Are they *still* doing well outside the US though? I think, without keeping a bit more pace on the hardware front, they could become a harder sell as Amazon and Kobo continue to go international with their stores. Too many people like ease and convenience of just buying books on their reader and not sideloading.

I love my Sony readers, and haven't seen anything better suited to *my* needs thus far and I buy books wherever the price is best and they all go on my Sony, whether from Amazon, Kobo, BN or elsewhere, but I know I am not the majority.
graycyn is online now   Reply With Quote