View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 11:20 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Certainly, there are quite a few books that I slogged through thinking "it has to get better", but usually they are books that were recommended to me rather than books by favorite authors that weren't very good.

One that might fall into your group was the follow up books to the movie Willow. I loved that movie. George Lucus hired a writer named Chris Claremont to write a follow up novel. Claremont was best know for his work in comics, but he wrote a space opera series called First Flight, which I though was pretty good. I slugged my way through Shadow Moon, the first of the follow up novels, and somehow got through it. Never bothered reading the other two.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote