View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 11:24 AM   #101
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPhone XR, iPad Pro 9.7, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megracey View Post
I'm gunna sound like a real noob, but I have a series 1 iPad that I want to repurpose as a dedicated reader. Trouble is I can't use the USB transfer to load it even when calibre says there is a transfer option (have found that I need iOS 9 plus, but can only use iOS 5)

Any bright ideas or old versions?
Depending on which book reading app(s) you are using to read your books, you might be able to use iTunes on your computer to load the books into your elderly iPad. That might work for iBooks. Another option would be to find a book reading app which supports cloud storage, move your books to their loud, then import them via same through WiFi.

But seriously, an iPad 1? That is a very old tablet with low resolution. It is so old that I suspect there are very few apps that still work with it because you cannot use the newer iOS versions. And at that age, I'm surprised the battery still holds a charge. You can get a cheap new tablet with better resolution and support for calibre, albeit an Android one. You can also find used iPads that are much newer than your ancient one that would work, although they won't be as inexpensive as a cheap Android tablet.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote