View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
macgirl
geeky girl
macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone 3GS, former Kindle owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post

2. Simplify the website... Flash web pages annoy me to no end. Particularly when they are hosting essentially static content (i.e. no animations). Put up a few sample chapters.. and see what happens. Also, I would recommend re writing the description you have. People read fantasy for escape.. even if your story is an alegory on the modern world, there is no need to tell them that.

Bill
I agree 100% on these points as well! Since you asked specifically in an iPhone forum, flash web sites cannot be viewed on the iPhone to boot. Also, I don't want an author telling me what I should find in their book in advance - I'll either see it or I won't and either will be a testament to your writing skill (or my intelligence level ).

BTW, I did buy the Kindle edition of your book to read, though I've got a few others in the queue to read ahead of it...
macgirl is offline   Reply With Quote