View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #86
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
So, your defense is, it is ok to commit a crime if you don't/can't get caught. Thank God most people in civilized society don't agree with this.
Well for some crimes they do agree with this. Certain kind of tax fraud for example. And jaywalking. Removing DRM. And so on.

But the argument was that it was OK if it did not have any bad consequences. And it is a good argument that you have to discus to see if it holds up or not.

Quote:
You have a contract with the library I have no doubt. I assume you have a library card. You applied for it right? This is a "contract". Also, the fact that the ebooks are distributed with a DRM schemes that is designed to keep you from using the book past your checkout time should give you a hint that the do NOT expect or want you to have access to the book permanently.
I think the library would be very happy for you to have access to the book permanently if this did not lead to any bad consequences for the library.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote