Thread: PRS-T1 Devanagari?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
AFAIK, ADE/RMSDK based ebook readers cannot handle diacritics that logically follow a letter, but need to be displayed left of it. (For example, ADE cannot handle the Devanagari vowel sign I and similar Tamil diacritics.)

You easily test this by embedding a font in an epub. For example, in my test file the sixth word in the first paragraph (bud'dhimāna) wasn't rendered correctly, because of the I vowel sign.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Hindi_AnapurnaSIL.epub (175.2 KB, 207 views)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote