View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #11
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I nominated this book in the first place because I have wanted to read it for a long time, just to see what all the fuss was about. I did enjoy it, despite some of the inconsistencies already mentioned by Hamlet53, but would categorise it as a light read, not too involving, and not something that would make me rush out to buy another Gaiman novel ( I have read Good Omens, his collaboration with Terry Pratchett which was good).

The London Below was the best aspect of the book, in my opinion, and for some reason I particularly enjoyed the London Underground scenes - I think I like the idea of abandoned and non-existent stations lurking down there somewhere. Quite easy to relate to when you are standing on an Underground platform alone at night...

To sum up, not a book I regret reading, as it was fun, but not one I will ever reread. If a sequel does turn up, I might just be tempted to give it a go, though.

Last edited by orlok; 05-21-2012 at 05:50 AM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote