View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
I agree with you. I really don't think publishers are intentionally coming out with new editions of textbook IN ORDER TO make money. It's a very cynical and conspiratorial point of view. Smells suspicious to me. Perhaps there are a few cases of those but I don't think generally that is what goes on.

Indeed, textbook authors are often professors at various colleges and there is only so much writing they can crank out. Professors aren't writing machines cranking out a book every year.
However, I know when I went to college professors supplemented their income with text books. Every 3 or 4 years is more like it and the department heads were requiring some books in the syllabus that were never used. I don't say the publishers but the schools themselves (departments) were responsible.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote