View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #356
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
With bonus insanity:

Anthem, $.99, a Fictionwise Classic, multiformat; 19508 words--eReader (PDB) [62 KB].

Anthem, $7.99, Penguin/Dutton adult, Secure eReader/Mobipocket/Microsoft Reader--SECURE MICROSOFT READER FORMAT [529 KB]

I wonder if they'd be willing to answer questions about the differences between the two. When I have a choice between to pbooks in a store, I can tell if one has a nicer layout or better paper or more-recent cover, or an intro by a famous person, or whatever.

Are formatting differences involved, and pictures... or does the DRM really add almost 500kb to the file?

FW doesn't tell you what the difference between the editions is.
Even cheaper is Feedbook's version. It's FREE! The copyright wasn't renewed on this book and it went into the public domain.

[Edit: According to Wikipedia, "A 50th Anniversary Edition was published in 1995 including an appendix which reproduces the entire original British edition with Ayn Rand's handwritten editorial changes." Maybe this is what is being sold by Fictionwise?]

Last edited by Daithi; 10-06-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote