Thread: Ayn Rand
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #26
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
From a literary standpoint you pretty much nailed the problems.

What Red said.

From a philosophical position her arguments are utter and complete dreck.

Why?

And from a moral perspective... ugh, don't even get me started. Any ideology that doesn't understand how interdependent we all are I can pretty much write off as nonsense real quick.
Not everyone feels we are all "interdependent". I , for one, would like to see more self reliance than is being shown today, especially here in the US.

I really am not fond of being told its the governments place to bail banks, car companies, and homeowners who make bad housing decisions outs.