View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 06:11 PM   #11
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonte
Well, I just use the $45,000 Canon Copy/Scan machine with ADF at my office... heh. Drop the whole book in the feeder (after cutting of course) and it scans the entire thing duplex in a matter of mintues with rarely a misfeed (and 600dpi to boot).

Plenty of resolution to run through ReadIRIS and get accurate results sent to an RTF.

**Edit**

On that same note, I find that ReadIRIS for MAC has done a much better job at OCR than Paperport/Omnipage/etc. ever did. If nothing else, it lets me draw text and graphic "zones" and sort them in the order I want them in the finished RTF. It also has a "learning" feature that I never could find in the other programs (though I admit I was never that motivated to search for the feature before).

Works great for scanning complex layed out pages -- I have converted many of my mother's knitting patterns to electronic copies on her reader so she doesn't have to lug the large books around (in that case I hand scanned the pages, since I didn't want to destroy the book). Draw a graphic zone around the charts (so it doesn't try and make a funky looking table), sort all side bar notes into the first zones, and then put the remaining pattern sections in the other zones.
Hi. Um...can I be your friend?
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote