View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 AM   #14
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
This is just one example, so take it for what it is.

I downloaded the book 'Cranford' in ePub from PG to my Sony PRS-505, and could hardly read it because it was taking 2-3 seconds per page turn. I downloaded the same title from the Google-Sony store, and it pageturned normally. It contained a few OCR errors, but nothing I couldn't puzzle out while reading.

I'm new to the 505, only had it a few days, so I have no idea why this was happening.

Kate
I have VERY different experience: I downloaded 2 books from Gutenberg.org:
book 1: title: The Outline of Science, Vol 1 Author J. Arthur Thomson and second book:
Myths and Legends of Ancient Greece and Rome by E.M. Berens -
both books in EPUB format and both books illustrated with many pictures and it looks very good on my jetBook screen and I didn't find any typo and errors in both texts
When I downloaded 2 ePUB books from Google-Sony store - Faust and Harmonies of Nature - the quality of pictures looks not so good and both books have many OCR errors. Just two examples:"Stiffened by the Cold 6f winter" and
"The water qf the atmosphere is the matrix that electric,or,tq speak mere properly..." I understand that 500,000 books sounds very cool but quality must be acceptable. I don't like read books (even for free) with incorrect words... Maybe somebody like to guess the meaning of the word qf...but not me.

Last edited by Kris777; 03-28-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote