View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #10
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Thanks all for your comments.

@dwanthny: absolutly right, but I did and still did not grasp the intention of the metadata plugboard. The answer from DiapDealer sparked the "aha" moment. Let me explain.

I already used for ages the following template when "saving books to disk" (via Preferences > Saving books to disk):
{author_sort[0]}/{author_sort}/{author_sort} - [{series} {series_index:0>2s}] ({pubdate}) {title}

Something similar, I use for "sending books to devices":
{author_sort}/({pubdate}) {title} - {series} {series_index:0>2s}

For the moment, both templates gives me the result I need.

Now enter the metadata plugboard: I never understand what that could add when the above templates already did the trick. Now I understand that it offers an additional way of manipulating the resulting file names.

Remains the order question: will the metadata plugboard templates be handled first and then the templates from "saving books to disk"/"sending books to devices" or is it the other way arround?

Further, my main question was not so much for the saving and sending resulting file name (which I already figured out), but for manipulating the tag "title" inside the e-book format (EPUB, MOBI, etc.), for instance during a "convert book" action. The reason for this is that my prs-t1 does not use the actual file name, but uses the tag "title" from the e-book file contents.
(Yes, I know I can sort on file name too, but then I get on two rows the same title and the auther name is missing, which I could compensate for via adding author in the file name via a template, but then the file name becomes too long for the screen, etc.)

And I do get the impression, that is not (yet) possible, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	285
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	81329  
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote