View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #14
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
Wow, the T1 must be a real piece of crap when the guy who is trying to write a positive review says you can't read for long periods of time, use the buttons, put too many books on it, expect it to load too fast, and you have to let it take breaks.
What?

You don't understand. I'm only trying to figure out what differs between users like me who don't have problems, and users who do. It could be anything from:

1. Bad supply.
2. Bug in OS.
3. User habits.

Please don't use this attempt to trouble shoot and figure out where an issue may lie as a cheap means of attack. I'm not at all saying "you can't do blahblahblah without a crash," but rather asking if - for example - the crash may be caused by a system at it's limit. The T1 isn't as closed off as the Kindle and allows for many more options stock, so there's more area to explore for troubleshooting..

As I said before, I haven't had a crash since about the first week of owning it, I've owned it since release, currently have 1,203 books on it (3 library books), use the buttons primarily but switched to the touchscreen over the past 2 weeks in attempt to set off a "touch screen bug" (with no luck..). I've read up to 5 hours straight on it without problems, but usually settle into 2 hours per day, with a break after about an hour.

BTW - the Kindle takes a while to load a large library in memory as well, hence users complaining about the battery quickly draining. It's just the T1 is more open and has more options (such as viewing by covers as well).
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote