View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Want double-space between sentences

Hi, new to the forum, and pretty new to ebooks too.
I'm using Sigil (wonderful tool, by the way!) to edit some epub documents, and I'm trying to find a way to retain my double-spacing between sentences.

(Peace to all you folks who prefer single spaces after punctuation. My eyes have been reading for over 60 years, and the combination of old habit, and old eyes that need lots of white space lead me to my wish for two spaces after sentences.)

I found a lot of threads about vertical white space (spacing between paragraphs), but found very little info about horizontal spacing between sentences after punctuation.

I tried Non-Breaking Spaces,    but Sigil collapses them to a single space when I save the file. The Calibre viewer displays a single space.

Is there a workaround to force Sigil to respect my double spaces?
I don't really know HTML, but if someone can suggest any solution, I would be more than grateful.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote