View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #15
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
I spent some time at B&N today playing with the Nook (and the CNook as well.) I really wanted just to check on some accessories, but ended up spending most of my time playing.

We took the CNook outside to see how it was in the sunlight. In a word... awful... but it was fast and really nice inside the store.

The Nook was great in the sunlight but it just felt clunky to me. I was struggling to like it. And it was running 1.5.

I struggled with it thinking I could get a landscape view, but couldn't find a setting to do so. The very helpful store clerk said it won't do landscape. Rats, I could have sworn I'd seen that somewhere.

After that I stopped by Staples and played with a K3 for a minute. As much as I want to, I cannot warm up to the Nook. I'm kinda ticked off because I thought I had this all figured out.

Now my dastardly plan is in disarray. Really.

Edit: as far as 3G is concerned... I believe you are right and I'm leaning to just the wifi version only. Now I need to sort out the K3 and library book issue. Ugh.

Last edited by speedlever; 11-24-2010 at 03:08 PM.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote