View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 03:00 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
As Sweetpea wrote: I'm a bit of a fanatic. I'm a collector. Not just for readers. I've got 5 PSPs for example as well (1 of each generation plus 2 x Go).
I enjoy, testing the features. The first 2 to 5 days with a new unit really are the best. Later on I have to admit, it's quite complicated. Having 12 readers in sync isn't that easy. But I've got my favorites: Sony 900, 600 and 505, iRex iLiad, Kindle 2.
Concerning the iRex 800: iRex, Sony and Amazon are the 3 manufacturers/suppliers I'll always watch carefully. In my opinion, iRex deserves far bigger recognition than they have for the moment. Their OS has some outstanding features. I love my iRex iLiad for being able to change book title and author on the fly, directly on the unit itself.
So, for you, at the start of every holiday it's not so much as "what books shall I bring", but "what ebook readers shall I bring"...

If the need to watch the finances a bit wasn't there, I'd probably do the same as you, except I would only buy one of each...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffi View Post
Yes that's true. I will say that compared to what was shown at CES.. .the DR800 is looking a bit long in the tooth already.
But how many of those devices are actually out there to be bought? Besides, all technology is "long in the tooth" when it finally goes to market... It's going so fast right now (except computers, I get the impression it's finally slowing down a bit...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote