View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #20
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinetici View Post
Hope you are able to see what I am struggling here so we can get a solution or closer to one. As of now I dont feel really glad of having the new features (reading stats) in spite of very crucial ones to me such as page numbers and proper page navigation. I wouldnt mind my proper whereabouts on a 60 page book but in such short books I wouldnt care less about readings statistics. And I feel desperate to see myself in the middle of a 500 page book, and on the low bar the display showing the chapter info something like page 4 out 17 or something useless like that.
not a solution, BUT to find out where you are in a kepub, if you tap the centre of the screen you will see the percentage of the book (not chapter) that you have read. Tap that, and you will see the chapters (as little bars), plus indication of time to end of chapter, time to end of book, reading time of next chapter.

Agreed, this is not what you (or I!) want, and especially you cannot go to page X. A workaround is to either search for a word in the book, if you remember what was in the page you wanted; or use bookmarks when you find a place you think you'll want to get back to. But again, these are just workarounds, and we don't get the functions you want.

The issue is that I think we on MR are not representative of the majority of readers, who may be even overwhelmed by too many features. Extolling the virtues of my completely customizable, function super rich Pocketbook generally only elicits blank stares, and my mum and dad found them so unintuitive that in the end they never used them!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote