View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #12
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I set mine up yesterday so I will give some quick first impressions.

I like the back. It makes it very comfortable to hold the device. Also, the back doesn't look as bulky or awkward in person as it does in photos.
I have an onyx/black device and for me I think it attracts fingerprints on par with other Kobo devices, maybe even a little more.

The light and screen are beautiful. To my eyes, the light is perfectly white and even at all levels and there is only the slightest smudging at the bottom which I actually have to look for to even notice. The light set at the lowest level is too low for me to read in complete darkness.

Regarding the UI, I'm torn. The home page is nice but I'm not sure it's an improvement on Mini/Touch/Glo home page. It's probably just that I'm not used to it yet. The one thing that I miss is the menu icon for books in library/shelf/preview views. There seems to be no way to access synopsis, etc and it seems that books can only be marked as finished from inside a book. This is one function that I truly miss. (Solution in post #14.)

All said, I'm very happy with the device.

Last edited by llcj; 04-23-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Add solution to problem.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote