View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #39
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Hi Montyp535,

It's a good idea, but the reason for the current approach is it was simpler just to copy the image file directly. However, it might be possible to add a library that handles image resizing. But it would have to handle all possible formats that can be book covers: jpg, png, gif, etc... If I can find the time, I might do some further research.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Hi there,

Well, it turns out there is some image processing built-in to vb.net. So I have incorporated your suggestion. Underneath the "Prioritise cover file" button you will now see a checkbox that says "Resize to Thumbnail". Currently, you cannot select the size of the resulting thumbnail. It will generate a thumbnail of maximum 256x256, but it will retain the aspect ration of the original so chances are the width will be less than 256.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I trust this addition is useful!

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote