View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #13
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by helixpteron View Post
I tried calibre, Acrobat Pro with Calibre, Wondershare PDF converter and Aiseesoft Converter.

The only software I found to do this reliably was the Aiseesoft PDF Converter and I stopped looking for another solution, as this simply did the trick for what I needed...
This is certainly an inexpensive solution. I quickly tried Aiseesoft with a couple of my favorite benchmark PDFs and it did the scanned book well (just a couple mistakes with the OCR) but not very well with the two-column PDF--it lost the table and a lot of the text was missing or not formatted correctly. This is admittedly a hard PDF, but MS Word (Office 365 version) does a very good job with it--faithfully retaining its layout. MS Word does not save directly to epub, though. You still have to get it to epub format. See attachments (epubs created by Aiseesoft).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf milne.pdf (1.47 MB, 432 views)
File Type: epub milne.epub (70.5 KB, 406 views)
File Type: pdf ieee.pdf (154.0 KB, 396 views)
File Type: epub ieee.epub (43.3 KB, 391 views)
willus is offline   Reply With Quote