View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 02:18 AM   #30
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
RE: Popup Footnotes -- When I first started working with epubs, I was viewing the html in a web browser (Opera, if it matters), and saw that using the footnote text inside the "title" attribute resulted in a "tooltip/popup". Imagine my disappointment to learn that mostly only works in browsers! But, as Jellby noted, those can't be formatted and display as plain text.

Also, a quick hijack/comment/question about "inline" notes -- I'm talking about the ones that can logically be placed inside the actual sentence or paragraph they refer to. I'm working on books where the AUTHOR makes lots of side comments in square brackets.

I hate to make a chapter end-note for a simple comment, such as providing a date or person's full name. But if I put those notes in italics in square brackets or in curly brackets, along with the Author comments in square brackets and normal phrases in parentheses, it starts to look pretty cluttered. What do other folks do for cases like this?

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 10-29-2013 at 02:50 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote