View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 12:48 AM   #5
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
There is no failure in the metadata editor.
Don't take it personally.

Just a suggestion: as the TOC editor already silently updates the title in the NCX to match the OPF title, why not also do it in the Metadata editor? It IS metadata, just not in the OPF.

There is no earthly reason you would want them to be different, they were in my file only because I was unaware there was a title in the NCX at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
By the way, under epub3, you can supply many different dc:title metadata elements so using that to update the ncx or toc makes little sense.
I'm mainly talking about epub2, in epub3 it's a legacy thing.

Anyway, in epub3, the "Generate NCX from NAV" tool does indeed create/change the <docTitle>entry in the NCX from the OPF <dc:Title>.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote