Thread: Discoverability
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #29
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I really see nothing that prevents Amazon from using their normal recommendations since when I select one of the books, it show the book and a button that lets me add the book to a list for later purchase. Perhaps there is something else that KU subscribers see on that page, but as far as I can tell, there is nothing that requires only KU books.
I’m a KU subscriber, and all I see are KU books (except for Books From Your Goodreads Friends). Everything else is accessible via a link.

At the least, it is a way of promoting KU to non subscribers and giving KU subscribers more direct access to content which they can download without having to switch out to Safari or whatever to buy something. Amazon has arrived at this presentation over a period of some years following banning of in-app book purchases, sample-only browsing, and now ability to borrow KU content, and while we may second-guess it, they have analytics and we do not.

I pretty much ignore Discover. I have more than enough to read, including KU content, and when I want to browse for books, I want to know the price.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote