View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 06:18 PM   #66
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I remember greatly enjoying Howard's early, witty novels, the pre-Cazelet ones. I can't remember them well, but the titles still resonate. Odd Girl Out. Mr. Wrong. I would love an excuse to revisit with Getting It Right.

When I was looking up the titles just now, I came across an interesting article in the Guardian: Elizabeth Jane Howard: Hilary Mantel on the novelist she tells everyone to read. It's longish but worth a skim.
Very belatedly, thanks very much for the link to this article, issybird. I enjoyed reading it very much. And I do recommend all of Howard's books for anyone wanting to explore the work of an author new to them.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote