View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #37
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook ST w/Glowlight, Nook Glowlight Plus, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
The specs show memory of:
"8GB memory: 2.5GB for NOOK Store content and side-loaded content".

Assuming that the OS needs about 1GB and there is 2.5GB storage for both B&N content and side-loaded content, what the heck would be using the 4.5GB?
I wondered about that too. It seems off.

Quote:
One thing that really turned me off Nooks several models ago was their instance on limiting the amount of storage available for side-loaded content--this became an even bigger problem when they eliminated the sd card slot.
That turned me off to the initial Nook Glowlight (the all white model) because side loading was limited to something like 0.5GB. But both the Glowlight Plus and 3 offer at least 2.5GB. The SD card in my Aura that I have never removed a read book from only has 3GB of books on it, so 2.5 should be plenty.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote