View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #29
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
So what exactly is the endgame? What is Adobe going to do with the data?

Forgive my ignorance, but I really don't know.
Probably sell it. Welcome to the wild west world of big data where companies feel they can mine your personal data and sell it, until somebody tell them they can't.

Companies want to know how many books you're buying from them rather then somebody else, how many books you have that you probably didn't pay for, how many books (and which) you're actually reading, how soon you read a book after you bought it... Your information in isolation isn't valuable but it also doesn't cost them anything to mine it. When you aggregate the data from all the computers that have the Adobe virus installed on then you have something you can sell.

Hopefully enough people will get outraged and government regulations will catch up.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote