View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 04:32 PM   #1
Zandrof
Zandrof began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre / Computer
Question calibre 4.* Viewer Changes

I am new and hopefully, this is the right forum section to post in.

I just recently updated calibre from 3.* to 4.*. I opened the program and found the book I wished to read and opened the viewer. Much to my dismay, the update included some changes that required serious getting-used-to, and after about a month, I still am not completely comfortable.

First, there are the margins of calibre's viewer. In 3.*, there were two separate (at least on my computer there were) margin styles available: one for full-screen view, and one for non-full-screen view. I didn't realize that when I set the margins in 4.* the whole viewer would respect that margin setting and it makes for terrible viewing in non-full-screen mode. How do I change this?

Second, after entering full-screen mode and reading for a while, I hit "escape" on the keyboard and nothing happened. I discovered that common functionality of hitting "escape" to exit out of full-screen from any other application I know of, videos or otherwise, has been removed. Instead, I have to hit a general button to open both views. I changed the keybinding to escape, thinking that it would just close out, but counterintuitive, the design of the viewer allows it to operate as both an enter and exit full-screen function. I grant that is what the keybinding field states, but there was no exit-full-screen-only field. How can I solve this to allow F11 or some other key to enter and exit full-screen mode, while "ESC" escape key allows only exiting full-screen mode?

Third, the scrolling functionality is different in 4.* viewer, than in 3.* viewer, and I dislike it something fierce! Is it at all possible to change those settings back to that scrolling feature?

Thank you!
Zandrof is offline   Reply With Quote