View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 10:13 AM   #10
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post

These endless, and endlessly unfunny, memes are sad reflections of the desperate need to feel superior shared by many who read only paper books.
Wow! I chuckled a little and moved on. I am confident enough in my way of doing things to not have a problem if those ways are being joked about. Hey, I might even crack a joke myself. (Not limited to how I read! Heaven knows...)
I have yet to meet (IRL or online) anyone acting "superior" because they read paper books vs ebooks. I have stumbled over discussions about listening to vs reading books and in those discussions there can be a hint of "superiority", but never over paper vs ebook.
Sometimes people ask me about why I don't want to read paper books (usually because they are kind enough to offer to lend me their copy of something they've read recently) and when I tell them about font adjustments and getting away from the hassle of holding books they always say words to the effect of "Ah, that makes perfect sense! Let's hope you can find the ebook!" And that's that. They go on reading paper books, I read ebooks and a third person listens to books and we share thoughts about the books. Not the media. Absolutely nothing about "superiority".
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote