View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #239
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by woemcats View Post
You can take this with a grain of salt if you like, but there is a reason for the partition (though perhaps not why it is so small).

It has to do with engineering a way to handle a partition, keep it stable, while still keeping the device compatible with ADE & Overdrive. From what I have heard, a few solutions were tried to do something different with this device, but there were issues with instability or incompatibility, so they reverted to the same way the NSTwG and other devices worked. The GLP was indeed a different beast, which is what created all those early issues with ADE.

I am hopeful the size of the partition is increased with a software update to at least what was available on the GLP, which would theoretically still leave 4 GB for Nook content.
If a separate partition actually improves stability, then there is a major problem with something else.

I don't buy books from B&N, but there are those that do, and some of them buy ebooks exclusively from B&N. A separate storage partition robs space from them. A slightly better option than the current situation would allow the purchaser to choose the split proportions on initial boot. A bit over 20 years ago, some laptops gave a choice between windows 3.1 and 95 on initial boot. Implementing initial partitioning is trivial in comparison.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote