View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #38
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Arrow Step-by-step instructions for creating a touch diags usbnet ssh installer package

The way I installed USBnet SSH into touch diags was this (on a working touch):

1) Install yinfalu's touch usbnetwork package on main.

2) On main, do "find / | grep dropbear", and copy everything found across to same directories in mounted mmcblk0p2. EDIT: I copied /var/local and /etc/dropbear.

3) Reboot to diags and go to USBnet menu (misc individual diagnostics / utilities / enable usbnet / exit). Then after about 20 seconds while dropbear comes up, you can SSH in from a host PC. After using USBnet, you can navigate diag menus and networking says up. Exporting the USB drive will not work again until you reboot to disable USBnet.

4) Take those files that were copied across, and put them in a "usbnet.tar.gz" file (or whatever you name it), then copy that to the USB drive along with a RUNME.sh that installs it similar to how yifanlu's installer did it. You can add my data.tar.gz to launch the RUNME.sh from diags, when needed for debricking the main partition.

5) Publish that usbnet.tar.gz and RUNME.sh file to this thread, so others can easily install the SSH that you just packages...

It is not that hard. I could probably have done it faster that I wrote about it, but my kindle touch is bricked right now (from trying to test weird and unusual corner cases, so I could create well tested code). So please make a diags SSH installer, and a diags mmcblk0p1 backup and restore package. Those are the most important right now... EDIT: My touch is repaired now, and I have an mmcblk0p2.img with SSH already pre-installed, that could be flashed to mmc with fastboot. The "Enable USBnet" menu starts SSH now, just like on the K4NT.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-29-2012 at 08:50 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote