View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 06:43 AM   #21
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
OpenAudible basically pulls your library from audible with all the meta data. You can set it up to download the actual audible files or not. You can also set it up to automatically convert files or not. You can add other files, not just aax. For example, one of the few audiobooks that I didn't get from audible is the Harry Potter series. It pulled those books in just fine. The meta data is a whole lot cleaner and you can export the list with meta data into a csv file. I find that useful.

Yes, the audiobook plug in for calibre is a bit wonky. Some books are fine, some have the meta data off. I have a bit over 700 audiobooks. Yep, it took a while to fix the meta data correctly, but basically, I did 20 or 30 at a time and eventually got them all correct. The biggest issue was putting in the narrator in.

The nice thing about calibre is that once I get everything loaded, I could simply copy the db file around. Calibre doesn't actually need the audiobook files after that.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote