View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 11:03 PM   #6
tapar
Connoisseur
tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g, Kindle Paperwhite v1
Book Sorter was a particularly handy tool for me since the ebooks I was preparing to import had a mix of author name formats. It would have taken forever to separate them out and identify duplicates.

What I did was point it at a directory filled with folders for each author. I even had duplicates of author folders with different name orders. The folders for each author sometimes contained duplicates with different name orders. I had Book Sorter do a move on the books to a new output directory. The books that got left behind were my duplicates, which made them a manageable subset of the whole collection to deal with.

I did have some problems where some books did not have the author in the filename at all, those typically just had the book title. To resolve that I found "BulkRenameUtility" to be a super help to quickly go in and rename the books that needed it with the author: http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk They have an option to "append folder name" which was a quick and easy way to add the author to the filename.
tapar is offline   Reply With Quote