View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrielle View Post
For those that are now receiving their PWs through amazon.ca - which model are you receiving? And is the colour blob issue fixed? I've been wanting a paperwhite for a long time (hate needing a little light in bed - never works well) but I'm nervous about the image quality issues I've read about here and on other Kindle forums.
The PW's light diffuser is a diffraction grating, hence it exhibits a certain amount of colour fringing. This is inherent in the design, and applies to ALL Paperwhites, regardless of what people may tell you. Most people really don't notice this, and aren't bothered by it, but if you look for problems with it, you WILL see the fringing. So the question to ask is "is this something that's likely to bother me?" If the answer is "yes", don't get a PW.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote