View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Thanks so much, that never occurred to me. I just looked at an Archos at Staples. You're right the font is just fine. The only problem is that the background "paper" is a sort of grey color, not bright white like the Sony - even with the Archos turned up full brightness. I probably could get used to it, but I'm not sure. I might go ahead and get it and see if it works for me before the 14 day return is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Pixel density is a better way to measure a screen quality vs straight resolution. The reason is a screen with res of 1280x800 on a 10" screen is going to be more pixelated than the same res at 8".

With that said if you compare the Sony S to the other tablets using DPI as a measure we calculate the Tablet S with a 9.4" to have a DPI(aka PPI) of (160.58)

Sony S (1280x800 @ 10" : DPI 160.6)
XYBoard (1280x720 @ 8.2" : DPI 179.1)
Vizio (1280x768 @ 8" : DPI 186.6)
Archos (1280x768 @ 8" : DPI 186.6)

In the end it's best to still test the screen since there is more than just DPI/res but just from the spec alone you can garner that the screen resolution should suffice even though the res is smaller simply because you are moving to a smaller screen.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote