View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
BD gives errors opening most file types (RTF, HTML, LIT) if you don't have Word installed. I just found this out when I installed BD on the XP Partition of my new computer. I had to dig out my Office 2007 Home disc & install Word to get things to work properly. Otherwise I the only file type I tried that would open was plain txt.
Weird. OK, I sit corrected.

BD is apparently calling components of Word to do various things. I have Office 2000 installed here. I may try removing Word 2000 and installing Word 97 to see what results I get. The OP's problem may be Word 97.

I don't mind BD doing that, but it would be nice if requiring at least Word 2000 as a prerequisite was documented somewhere.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote