View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #8
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHugger View Post
You don't know any more than I do what actually happened. If it cracked as a result of abuse I would agree with you, but if it broke under normal use then I disagree.
I'm not doubting that you didn't abuse your reader but Sony knows that in the vast majority of cases screen breakage is the result of some sort of mishandling or accident on the part of the user. They also know that customers will frequently say this didn't happen when it did. I used to work in tech support. So many of my callers claimed the product "just stopped working. I didn't do anything." Rarely was this the case and I was usually dealing with misconfiguration, not hardware failure. People would change the configuration and lie to me about it. Tech support folks are used to being lied to all day every day. They don't know you from Adam and authorizing a free screen replacement for this kind of damage may not be in the power of any one you have talked to. I'm sorry. This sucks and it's very much not fair.

It also makes me wonder if the case should be a wee bit more substantial. It certainly is sleek looking but maybe it's a little too sleek. I never thought I'd find an upside to my Kindle's ugly clunkiness.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote