View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
Automatic sending of RSS news feeds to Kindle as blog/ebook

Currently, any subsequent updates of an RSS feeds sent from Calibre to Kindle *on the same day* suffer by the problem of displaying/sorting incorrectly in Kindle:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...37#post1218937

Currently, the news sent from Calibre are marked as periodicals (called "issues" in Kindle). However, the default behaviour for standard ebooks (called "documents" in Kindle) or blogs should fix this problem: the latest issue would simply replace the previous one in Kindle, without the feature of saving "older" issues as is the case with periodicals which is broken for updates on the same day.

So my question is: How can I set the type of the document for Kindle in Calibre? I could not find it either in the metadata or in the html. And is it possible to change the type for the news delivered automatically by Calibre?
janvanmaar is offline   Reply With Quote