View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 12:13 PM   #7
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Edit: issybird has this covered, I'm apparently too wordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
For those of us who never participated before, it would help to have a brief description of the basics of how the book club works.
I'm working on a FAQ post now that will cover most of this in more detail, it should be up this afternoon, but here are the basics:

On the first of each month we will have a nomination thread and anyone is invited to nominate a book or second/third a previously nominated book that meets the month's theme; January's theme will be A Rainbow of Reading, see issybird's post above and lateral thinking is encouraged. Everyone may do this for up to three different books. Books that receive three total nods will move onto the vote thread which should start on the 8th and lasts for 5 days.

Voting is multiple choice (vote for any books that catch your fancy) and anyone can vote but if you do vote please try to participate in the discussion regardless of which book wins. (Even if you didn't vote for the winning book!)

Discussion will begin on the 15th of the next month, so we will begin discussing the book we choose in January on February 15th.

Last edited by Dazrin; 12-29-2017 at 12:14 PM. Reason: I'm too wordy. :)
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote