View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #58
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I didn't get the original Oasis because I didn't trust that battery setup. This one looks pretty good. I'm happy with my Voyage but it's getting older and it's about time to start saving for a new Kindle. I may get another Voyage but I usually get the 3G versions so i can have access to Wikipedia and translations. I could get the new Oasis with Wifi only for less than the new Voyage. I'm not fond of the larger screen and it's loss of portability but, in fact, I prefer reading without the cover so if I get a Wifi Oasis and read it at home I can still use my Voyage to take with me.

I do most of my reading at home anyway.

Lots to think about while I'm saving for one. Of course i can get a Paperwhite and save even more.

Barry
If you don't care about the larger screen and page-turn buttons, then there is no particular reason to splurge on the new Oasis, imho (unless waterproofing is important to you?). Better to get a new Voyage, from what I've read in various reviews it still has the best screen and contrast of all Kindles.

That's just my opinion, of course. I did order the new Oasis, but then I'm a fan of buttons and I like the shape. I still use my Voyage quite often too.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote