View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelThunderwing View Post
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Optware thats how i went about it,

the state the Kindle 3rdgen of mine is in, 0.8N Jailbreak, Latest USBNetwork

even though the optware image is gone, the directories are still there, atm though in terms of functionality for its current state? stuff like the mplayer or kaffine still work can use its wifi browse the store read books use audio ones etc. just optware broke and i dont know why or how.

i haven't even used the kterm in almost 4 months and even then it worked when i last used it.

if theres a way to dump the entire filesystem into a image i would if it helped in examining the cause
Well I personally have never used optware but looking at the instructions it seems you just made a blank space, put a fs on it, linked it up via few ln -s 's and then splattered the image into the space.

1) dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/us/optware.ext3 bs=1MiB count=250
and 2) mkfs.ext3 /mnt/us/optware.ext3

are non invasive.
assumin gyou are running the mount command thusly:
mount -o loop,noatime -t ext3 /mnt/us/optware.ext3 /mnt/optware

if that fails I can only imagine its a somehow corrupted image.

Is there something really vital in there because if there isn't simply repeating the install - minus the linkage - should replace a virgin copy of the Optware at least.

The partition is - more or less - protected from the main files system by being virtually mounted on the Fat drive. Unless you followed any of the
DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU ARE A NINJA steps - which I assume you didn't.

So whilst this isn't a definitive guide to fixing it. I hope it gives you an idea about the sort of state your system is in. pretty much unaffected really other than this bit wont work.

I am certain someone with more opt-chops than me can advise you if it is recoverable. I imagine not

Hope that helps
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote