View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #77
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
The link I provided actually says why there are shortages. You should take a look at it.
Oh yes, I took a look at it. About half a year ago, when this article actually came out. And then I seem to remember Sony execs apologize for miscalculating the Japanese demand (people were fighting each other for a red 650). It sounds like they were not ready to expand worldwide, not being able to fully satisfy even their original markets (which were the U.S. and later Europe). I have no idea what the availability of readers and accessories is in Japan at this point. The covers for a long time were sold out in North America and Europe, but perhaps they have recovered in some parts of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
Right now, every reader but the Black PRS-650 is available at Sony Style, among other retailers I listed.
<...>
Sure. The covers are on Sony's site. *shrug* Just do a search. The only cover that is sold out there is the PRS-650 "premium" without a light. I don't recommend that one anyway.
The availability seems to change very quickly on Sony's U.S. site. Unless what's available for you is not available for me. I don't see any covers for 950 or 650. If you can provide links to online or B&M retailers where these are actually truly available, I will be very grateful to you.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote