View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #235
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
just to make sure we're speaking by identical terms, by "internal" microSD you mean, the built-in (non-removable) memory? NOT the memory card you can slide out, right?

when I formated the internal (2GB) (non-removable) flash memory with 1st partition of 1.7GB of FAT32 and 2nd partition of ~150MB of ext3, adb setup says it can't find an unused ext3 partition.

Because, you know there is a 2GB partition built-in to the PocketBook 701, and its name inside a file manager shows as Pocket Book IQ 701 or something to that effect.
Yes, that is the card I am talking about (PocketBook IQ). It is merely a 2GB microSD card that is mounted inside the unit.

In fact, I removed the 2GB card and replaced it with a 1GB card because I do not store anything in the internal card.

May be if you take the card out and format it using a card reader, it may make a difference.

1. Use a credit card and pry the back cover off.
2. remove the microSD card.
3. format it (remember both partitions have to be primary)
4. pluck it back in and away we go !!!

Cheers

p.s. Icewyng took a photo of the IQ with the back cover off here (you can see the mounted microSD card):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=111673&page=2

Last edited by hiaig; 01-25-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added link to photo
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote